- 1/2 courgette, diced
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely sliced
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed (always MOAR GARLIC, I say. I put in 2 cloves for just me)
- 1/2 tsp chill (watch this, I added a little too much)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 aubergine, diced
- 200g chickpeas, drained (TOP TIP, these are normally bigger, better and cheaper in the Indian food shops/section of your supermarket)
- 225ml veg stock
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 crusty bread buns to serve
I got a new veggie cookbook a couple of weeks ago, and have just started making some of the ones I’ve picked out. This one is really filling, vegan, super tasty, and a great one-pot meal for a load of mates. Looks alright, too, eh? It’s a really good, easy-to-cook-from book, proper recommend it.
Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 40 | Servings: 2
Nutritional Info: 232 kcal, 9g fat (1g sat), 29 carbs, 0.6g salt (without bread included)
What’s in it:
Makings:heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until soft
Add the aubergine, mushrooms and courgette, stir to coat evenly and cook for 2 mins.
Add the chickpeas and stock, season well and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 mins. Just before serving stir through the parsley and serve with crusty bread.